dew_krefeld_viktormacha-1
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-3
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-8
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-7
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-9
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-6
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-5
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-4
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-2
Exit full screenEnter Full screen
 
previous arrow
next arrow
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-1
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-3
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-8
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-7
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-9
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-6
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-5
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-4
dew_krefeld_viktormacha-2
previous arrow
next arrow

Krefeld

Deutsche Edelstahlwerke Krefeld

The first works in Krefeld were founded in 1900 by August Thyssen and Peter Klöckner. The works were named Krefelder Stahlwerke AG and its production capacity was based on the open-hearth shop and a forging plant.

Image photography

By Viktor Macha in 2023.

Plant facts and figures

The plant have an annual capacity of 600000 tons.

The following processes are conducted in the plant:

  • Forge

This plant produces the following type of products:

  • Forgings

Full description

The first electric arc furnace was installed in 1916.

In 1926 it became part of the “Vereinigte Stahlwerke” and was renamed to “Deutsche Edelstahlwerke AG”.

Since 1974 the Krefeld plant has been merged with the Witten unit within the ThyssenKrupp holding.

The separation of steel making and forging division took place in 1994 and the 3300t press was completely modernised in 1997.

In 2001 the world´s largest long forging machine (RF 70) was installed here.

In 2005 the forge was taken over by “Schmolz + Bickenbach”, which became part of Swiss Steel just one year later.

Main data

Owner

The plant is owned by Swiss Steel

Address

Plant address: Oberschlesienstraße 16, 47807 Krefeld

Country

The plant is located in Germany

Find similar plants

Steel Plants Search Compact

CHOOSE LOCATION

CHOOSE PROCESS

CHOOSE PRODUCTS

CHOOSE CREATOR

Latest plants on our platform