Manufacturer of steel and iron products based in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine. The company manufactures semi-finished products and long products of steel, cast iron and rolled products including square billets, channels, angles and rails.
DCH GROUP ACQUIRES THE LARGEST IRON AND STEEL WORKS
SENALIOR INVESTMENTS LIMITED Company, part of Oleksandr Yaroslavsky’s DCH Group, has acquired EVRAZ DMZ (“EVRAZ Dnipro Iron and Steel Works” plc). The corresponding contract has been signed on March 1, 2018.
The deal was conducted by transferring to the buyer of the 100% stake in DRAMPISCO LIMITED which, in its turn, owns 97,73% of EVRAZ DMZ plc.
By Viktor Macha in 2005.
Plant facts and figures
The plant have an annual capacity of 3250000 tons.
The following processes are conducted in the plant:
- Steel making
- Rolling mill
This plant produces the following type of products:
Glorious metallurgical plant in the western part of Dnipropetrovsk was founded in 1887.
6 blast furnaces, 8 open-hearths, 3 Bessemer converters, forge and 9 rolling mills were in operation by 1917 already. Besides the basic shaped steel products, the plant was manufacturing sewer pipes as well.
During World War II most of the equipment was transported to the Urals and Siberia, specifically to mills in Chusovoy, Gurevsk, Novotroitsk, Kuznetsk and Magnitogorsk.
After the liberation of Dnepropetrovsk in 1943 the restoration of severely damaged plant started. The first blast furnace was tapped just one year later. Prewar production was reached in 1949.
In 1956 the construction of the BOF shop has begun, the first of its kind in entire USSR.
Since 2007 the plant belongs to the Evraz group.
The mill operates two blast furnaces, three 90 t oxygen converters and two rolling mills today.