Válcovna trub Chomutov
The works in south-east part of Chomutov town were founded by "Erzgebirgische Stahl- und Eisenindustrie" in 1870.
By Viktor Macha in 2014.
Plant facts and figures
The plant have an annual capacity of 300000 tons.
The following processes are conducted in the plant:
- Rolling mill
This plant produces the following type of products:
The works in south-east part of Chomutov town were founded by “Erzgebirgische Stahl- und Eisenindustrie” in 1870. However in 1887 the plant was taken over by Mannesmann brothers who started the production of self-patented seamless pipes here. The site was significantly reconstructed for this purpose.
Over 3000 workers were employed here by 1920. Production is focused on gas and water systems, locomotives, steam boilers and other associated industries.
During the war years the pipes were manufactured for military needs.
In 1997 the Mannesmann tube mill became part of Z-Group Steel Holding.